- Only company in Andhra Pradesh in manufacturing
of Pumps & Motors with high Quality in par with
that of Coimbatore & Ahmedabad.
- Invested on Own R&D and Foundry division with
Manufacturing division with world-class machinery.
- Focus on CUSTOMER preferences and surveying
the market conditions.
- Technical know-how and Back-To-Basics for
manufacturing 'KUMAR' products in setting up a
benchmark in the quality of Pumps Industry.
- Major marketing presence in major states - Andhra
Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Orissa,
Uttar Pradesh, Bihar.
- Products performance as per Bureau of Indian
Standards (BIS) and Quality Control as per ISO
9001:2015 Quality Certification Standards.
- Manufacturing a superior quality product at
- Supported in improving nation-wide quality
standards of pumps & motors
- Brand awareness across India & customers loyalty
for 'KUMAR' brand
- Reached the expectations of Quality-conscious
- Upgrading the technology year-on-year to compete
and increase our market share
- A Quality product & Reliable after-sales door to door
service to different target customers - Domestic,
Agriculture and Industrial scope of customers.
- 1974 - BUMA REBORING MACHINE (England)
- 1982 - CUPOLA FURNACE & Introduction of KIRLOSKAR Lathe Enterprise Machines
- 1990 - Foundry - Machine Moulding
- 1993 - Introduction of DISA Moulding Machines
- 1994 - First CNC Lathe Machine (KIRLOSKAR)
- 1999 - CNC Vertical Machining Centre (KIRLOSKAR)
- 2003 - Introduction of Computerized inventory control
- 2007 - Introduction of Automatic Coil Winding Machines
- 2008 - Induction Furnace (INDUCTOTHERM)
- 2009 - Introduction of Metallurgical lab (Imported Machinery)
- 2010 - CNC Grinding Machine
- 2011 - DISA Computerized Foundry (DENMARK)
- 2013 - CNC Horizontal Machining Centre (BFW)
- 2014 - Introduction of Automatic winding machines
- 2016 - ROBOTS (KUKA & ABB)
- 2017 - HAAS Mill Machine (USA) & Conveyer Painting System
- 2020 - DOOSAN Machine (Two Spindles - KOREA)
From the desk of Kumar Pumps & Motors company Founder & Chairman
KOTHA SUBRAHMANYAM - First and foremost, we thank all of our Employees,
Customers, Dealers, Suppliers, Financial Institutions and well-wishers of our company
on the occasion of GOLDEN JUBILIEE year 2020-21.
Opportunity - With great blessings of my parents, three elder sisters and my Guruji Pujya
Mathaji Sri Sarada Priyananda (since 1990), I remind my self, started this journey at the
age of 19 years by opening a spare parts shop KUMAR AUTOMOBILES in 1969 as a
self-employment opportunity. After that, the present manufacturing company
SRI LAKSHMI GANAPATHI ENGINEERING WORKS is established in 1971 as a general
engineering work shop and started making a pump KUMAR PISTON WATER PUMP - our
FIRST model since 1973.
Expansion - With aggressive focus on manufacturing of Pumps & Motors to meet
the increased demand, we moved into a permanent location in the Industrial Estate,
TENALI in 1981. Thereafter, with the support of my family members, my nephew
GADDIPATI SESHAGIRI RAO joined me in our growth / development of our company. By
recognising our dedication towards our Quality standards - Customers, Dealers and
Technicians have given the growth opportunity to us by expanding our units / sheds in
1985, 1990, 1994, 1999, 2004, 2009, 2011, 2015... almost for every 5 years, to increase
our product range and by providing more value added products for domestic and
agricultural markets. A new unit is also under construction in this year (2020) with
innovative ideas and enthusiasm never like before. Diversified into packaged drinking
water industry with SUBRAM brand (2007). Our company had grown from a small scale
industry and now we will grow further into a Corporate company.
Quality Control & Upgradation - We have been continuously upgrading our Technology,
Skills, Processes, Quality Management Standards to stay ahead of our competitors and
retain our position in the Industry. The Company is actively exploring the possibilities of
expanding the product line and production capacity with latest technology / automation
by acquiring new machinery and establishing testing labs and equipments. We invested
in continuous R & D for improvement of existing products and development of new
products to meet international standards and more reliability.
Awards - Our efforts and team work have been recognised and awarded many times.
Our brand KUMAR is synonyms for QUALITY and our company is recognised for our
business practices and ethical values at State and National level - NATIONAL AWARD
2010 for OUTSTANDING ENTREPRENEURSHIP to Mr. K. SUBRAHMANYAM and MSME
First Prize NATIONAL QUALITY AWARD 2010 in SUBMERSIBLE PUMPS category to
Mr. G. SESHAGIRI RAO.
Customer Oriented Approach - We compete in the market by not just manufacturing
and supplying quality products but also by providing marketing support (Dealers exclusive
showroom / renovation, Product display vehicles, Factory visits by Technicians and
Technical meets), Reliable after-sales service (within 24 hrs.) and original spare parts.
This approach of customer centric oriented services and feedback have made our company
to improve our scope of services upto customers satisfaction and to increase our
Support to our Journey - To over come the difficulties and challenges in our journey, God
has provided the strength to deal with and find the opportunities behind these challenges.
Banks and financial institutions have been providing financial support for our new projects
from time to time and proud to have been our partners in our success.
Last but not least we thank our employees and their families to work with ethical values
and moral support. Their dedication towards the company has reached the milestone of
50 years and will be the driving force for the next 25 years ahead (Diamond Jubilee).
Giving back to Society - There are always a few people who need help in tough situations
and there will never be a perfect time to give back as we are not living in a perfect world.
- Blood donation camp every year on February 2nd.
- Providing Purified drinking water and water harvesting.
- Education Scholarships to employees children.
- Permanent houses to Senior staff as a token of appreciation.
- School for children of weaker section of the society.
Throughout our Journey - Our success is associated with dedication to reach the
statifaction of our customers, who believe in our products and having Trust in our KUMAR
brand. We want all your support as always to continue our journey to reach new hights
and new dimensions with moral values for the greater kind.
Download 50years of our journey brochure